Worship Services and Bible Studies
GCBC is a place for the entire family to study the Bible and to worship. We invite you to join us at church.
Sunday School / Worship Service Guidelines
Updated May 28, 2021
1. Absolutely stay home if you even think you or another person who lives at your address might be sick— or if you or they have been around someone who might be sick. A person needs to be free from any and all symptoms for at least 72 hours before attending church. (We can’t take a chance of infecting someone else and causing more illness.)
Note to all parents: Never bring a sick or potentially sick child to church. Sick means any of the following: 100 or more temperature, runny nose, coughing, congestion or sneezing. A person needs to be free from any and all symptoms for at least 3 full days (72 hours) before attending church.
2. Know and consider your risk. While we take all reasonable precautions, perfect protection is impossible for any institution. Therefore, everyone should understand potential risks and decide for themselves accordingly.
3. Face coverings. Please follow CDC guidelines regarding masks. Masks are available from the tables as you come in, if needed.
4. Greeters and volunteers wear face coverings.
5. A table is at the front to place your offering before or after the service.
6. Children age 3 and under need to stay with their family during worship. There is no nursery at this time.
Entering / Exiting
1. When you are entering, maintain six feet of space between you/your family and others.
2. Greeters with face coverings will hold the door open for you and doors will be locked at 11:00 AM.
3. Once inside, maintain a 6-foot distance from those not in your household. Avoid shaking hands, hugging, and sitting close to friends.
4. Pews are no longer marked off. We still encourage you to distance from those not in your household.
5. Please try to limit the number of people that are in the downstairs restrooms at one time.
Church Bus Service
The church bus will run. For those who ride the bus, please sit together as family groups and do not sit with friends or those outside your household. Please contact the church office by Friday if you intend to ride the bus.
9:30am - 10:30am
Ladies' Adult Class: Classroom on the Main Level, through the hallway behind sanctuary.
Men's Adult Class: Classroom on the Main Level, near the front entrance.
Youth Class: Youth will meet upstairs as usual.
Children's Sunday School: Children’s Sunday school rooms will have their own cleaning supplies. Each child will have their own container of supplies to use for crafts, etc. Students should wear masks, but teachers will be allowed to remove their masks while teaching if needed, but will stay at an appropriate distance.
When using downstairs restrooms, please limit the number of people to two at any time, if possible.
Sunday Worship & KidsWorship
10:45am - 12:10pm
Our Church Service at Grace Community is a way to honor and be with the Lord through worship and praise in song, in prayer and in studying the Word.
Everyone will attend the service in the sanctuary for songs of praise and worship. Children age 4 through third grade will be dismissed after the Children's Message to attend KidsWorship in the fellowship hall downstairs. (We feel comfortable with this because children seem to be least affected by the virus and are far less likely to pass it to each other or an adult if infected. Nevertheless, common sense precautions will still be taken.)
Pastor Donnie will provide a message from God's Word with his sermon.
Adult worship and KidsWorship end at the same time.
Our adult service is streamed live starting at 10:45am on our Facebook page.
Wednesday Night Bible Studies and Zoom Meetings
7:00pm - 8:00pm
We aren’t planning to begin Wednesday activities quite yet, but hope to do so later this summer. For now, we will continue with Adult Bible Study on Wednesday nights at 7:00pm using Zoom.
On Sunday nights at 7:00pm we have informal meetings online.
We invite you to join us for these interactive online meetings. Contact the church for the links, IDs and password information.